OZONE DAY CELEBRATIONS - 2016
Department of Chemistry, St. Mary’s College organized two day programmes in connection with Ozone day celebrations 2016 with the support of KSCSTE and DST, Govt. of India on the focal theme “OZONE AND CLIMATE: RESTORED BY A WORLD UNITED” on 27 & 28 September 2016.On 27th September, Dr. Sr. Marriette A Therattil, Principal St. Mary’s College, Thrissur inaugurated the celebration at 12.30pm. A Collage Making Competition on the theme ‘Ozone and Climate: restored by a World United’ was conducted on the same day.
On the second day (28th September), an Invited Talk by Dr. T. V. Sajeev (Scientist-E1, Department of Forest Entomology, Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi P.O, Thrissur) was organized at 10.30 pm. Sr. Mary K P, Head of Chemistry Department, addressed the gathering with a short speech on the importance of Ozone day celebrations
Series of talks by eminent personalities for students
- Chemistry association was inaugurated on 28/07/16 by Dr.V.D. John, Professor, Dept of Chemistry, Christ Engg. College, Irinjalakuda followed by a talk on Spectroscopy.
- In collaboration with Department of Chemistry , a District level School Eco ClubTeachersWorkshop wassponsored by Kerala State Council for Science and Technology and environment on 2/7/2016 .Educational Minister ProfRavindran sirinaugurated the programme.
- Talk by Prof. K.R. Janardhanan on the topic “Hundred years of chemical bonding” at Jubilee Hall on 19.10.16
- PTA meeting was conducted on 14.11.2016 followed by a class by Fr. Lijo Chittilappilly
- Prof. K.K. Bharathan, Rtd Prof, MES College, Mampad delivered a lecture on the topic “Group theory” on 08.12.2016
Ms Gladwino From IB Sc secured first prize (Rs 5000) for essay writing organized by Mundassery memorial committee.
Ms Anitta Mathew from I M.sc ,presented a paper in International Seminar at Margoa on Medicinal Plants in Snake bite.(Nov 3-5 2016)
Ms Shinta From PG Dept attended 2 day workshop on Human Values Development Programme held at AISAT Cochi on 2-3 Nov 2016,organized by AIACHE.
Dr.Manju Sebastian and Dr.Bincy Joseph presented papers on the National Seminar conducted by Dept Chemistry at Vimala College on Jan 9 2017.
Dr.Sudha.E published a paper in Indian journal of Chemical technology.
Vol.24, January 2017.
Extracurricular Profile of department
- Conducted study tour for third BSc. students to Hyderabad on 20 to 25 Sept 2016 with faculties Sr. Mary K P & Ms. Nithya C S.
- Paper bag making demonstration and training for I DC students on 27.01.2017 by Smt. Vincy E.V