The aim of NSS is personality development through community service.NSS gives students opportunities to engage themselves in creative social action for social welfare. Students holding NSS Volunteer Certificates will be given Grace Marks for Degree and Post Graduate admission.
NSS has two units in the College,Unit No.44 and Unit No.220.A maximum of 50 students can be enrolled in to a single unit of NSS.NSS Volunteers will be enrolled only from the 1st year. Preference may be given to the Volunteers who have worked as NSS Volunteers in Higher Secondary/+2 level and to the students belonging to minority communities .NCC cadets will not be allowed to join in NSS. A screening test/interview may be conducted in order to screen the suitable students as NSS Volunteers.
INSTRUCTIONS TO NSS VOLUNTEERS
Attendance in all activities of NSS is compulsory.All the Volunteers should have a NSS Diary and NSS Badge with them whenever they go for any NSS activity. The Volunteers must submit work Diary on successful completion of 2 years of NSS Volunteership for granting of grace marks.
Regular Work of NSS includes Programmes on Women Empowerment, Environment Protection ,Pain & Palliative Care, Talks on Personality Development, Blood Donation ,Medical Camp, Hospital Visits,Important Day Celebrations etc.
NSS adopt a village ,do the camping there for seven days and work for the development of the people there based on an issue put forward by the advisory committee.The Seven Day Camp is conducted during the Onam/X’mas holidays.
Certificates are issued to NSS Volunteers who have completed 240 hours of Regular Work in NSS and attended a Special camp during their course.
A maximum grade point 0.4 will be awarded in each semester (upto fourth sem) for the successful NSS Volunteers.
- In collaboration with IMA, as a part of blood donor’s day organized a blood donation camp
- IMA gave an award to the NSS Units for our great participation in the camp.
- Conducted Survey on “waste management” in Paravattani.
- Centennial bleeding of Tiny Francis and blood donation camp.
- Distributed hand wash in the adopted village Kolazhy by giving the small bottles collected from the caterers to promote the habit of hand washing and to promote the reuse of plastic bottles.
- Conducted a rally to create awareness on the importance of cleanliness
- Conducted an eye camp in association with Ahalya eye foundation
- In Connection with old age day volunteers performed a street play to create an awareness on the protection of old people.
- Volunteers participated in Speech Competition Organized by Palliative care Society.
- Conducted a flash mob in association with blood donor’s forum to convey the blood donation message to the society at Thekke Gopura Nada, Vadakkunathan temple.
- Participated and performed various cultural activities like Drama games for the children of Kannara GUP School and Pattikkad Higher secondary School in connection with Children’s day celebration.
- A Seven Day Camp was organised.
- 50 volunteers participated in the Womens Day Programme held at Sahitya Academy.